Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011

Here's my favorites of the year in alphabetical order. There were so many great releases that I could have easily done a top 30 but I've narrowed it down to the 10 I listened to the most. All of them have been on heavy rotation throughout the year and I cannot recommend them enough. Bands and labels are all links so click away if you'd like to find out more.

Albums

Corrupted - Garten Der Unbewusstheit (Nostalgia Blackrain)
Deathcharge - Love Was Born An Early Death (Unseen Forces)
J Mascis - Several Shades Of Why (Sub Pop)
Kromosom - 8 Tracks (Hardcore Victim, Havoc, Freedom Fighter, D-Tact & Rapunk)
Loss - Despond (Profound Lore)
Morne - Asylum (Alerta Antifascista, Armageddon, Profound Lore)
True Widow - A.H.A.T.H.H.A.F.T.C.T.T.C.O.T.E. (Kemado)
Wolves In The Throne Room - Celestial Lineage (Southern Lord)
Yob - Atma (20 Buck Spin, Profound Lore)
Zola Jesus - Conatus (Sacred Bones, Souterrain Transmissions)

EPs, Splits & Demos

Crime Desire - Alone In A Dream 12" (Gravity, Life's A Rape)
D-Clone / Nerveskade - Split 7" (Hardcore Survives)
Get Destroyed - Shut In 7"(625 Thrashcore, Give Praise, To Live A Lie, RSR)
Hatred Surge / Mammoth Grinder - Split 12" (Cyclopean)
Iron Age - The Saga Demos (BSVIV, Cyclopean)
Ruinebell - Demise In Disgrace (Doomentia)
The Bellicose Minds - S/T 7"
Thou - The Archer & The Owle 12" (Robotic Empire)
True Widow - I.N.O. 12" (Kemado)
Warthreat - Demo

2012 is looking like another good year for music with rumors there may be new records from Get Destroyed, Framtid, Neurosis, Slices, Swallowed, Tragedy, Walls and Worship! Bring it on.

2 comments:

  1. oh man I totally forgot about the Kromosom LP, that would've made my list for sure. but then I guess forgetting about it meant that it shouldnt have been on the list =P

    need to hear that third get destroyed 7" too

    awesome list

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's worse is when you discover great albums a year late, I'm still digging through 2010! I'm interested to hear the remastered Kromosom LP too, I wonder how different it sounds.

    ReplyDelete